Copying a Request
Lesson Goals: You are going to alter the Request you created in Lesson 1 so that it only displays red cars that have not been sold. This involves two steps:
- First you are going to create a copy of the Request and call it xxxLESS2 (substitute your initials for the xxx). To Copy a Request, you Edit the Request and use Save As to save it with a new name. This gives you the same Request with two different names. We recommend that you always do the Save As and assign a new name before making any changes to the original. If you follow this procedure, you will minimize your chances of damaging your original Request.
- You then need to create a second filter condition to display red cars that have not been sold.
To copy the Request:
- From the Request Manager, right-click on xxxLess1, Inventory On Hand.
- Click Save as.... The Save Request as dialog box appears.
- In the Name box change xxxLESS1 to xxxLess2.
- In the Title box change the description to Cars On Hand (Red).
- Click OK. The Request Manager reappears. Both xxxLESS1 and xxxLESS2 appear on your list of available Requests.
- Click on xxxLess2.
- Click the Edit icon on the toolbar.
To create the filter condition:
You will add a second filter condition to the one that already exists. Both conditions must be met for a record to be included in the output.
- Click the Filter Results tab in the Workbench window.
- Click And.
- Select Cars Color from the Data Item drop-down box.
- Choose Like from the Relationship list.
- Enter Red in the Value box.
- Save this filter condition by clicking on the a on the right side of the line.
You now have two filter conditions: cars with an empty date of sale and cars that are red.
- Click the Save icon on the Design Preview window.
- Click the Close icon on the Design Preview window.
- Highlight the Request and click the Preview icon on the toolbar to see what the results look like.
- Click the X on the upper right corner of the Request Preview window to close the window.